SUDevilPup Contact E-Mail

sudevilpups@proton.me

Tuesday, August 6, 2019

An Eagle's Poem


14 Days Away From Home
a Devil Pup Poem by Justice Johnston

14 days away from home, God the days are long
14 days away from home, I really miss my mom
I get no sleep, it’s much too hot and the pups show no respect
I tell them to do what they’re told, ‘cause that’s what we expect
14 days away from home, these pups are gonna pay!
My arms are burnt, covered in bites
I’ve seen too many unpleasant sights
14 days away from home, God the days are long

14 days away from home, the pups act like they’re dumb
14 days away from home, I think my feet are numb!
We get no “thank you’s” nor any pay for working and suffering every day
Their voices weak from loud “Yes Ma’am’s
Cuts and bruises on both my hands
14 days away from home, energy has gone away
14 days away from home, almost fell asleep at Midway!

But seeing instructors shout and scream
Is the most exciting thing I’ve ever seen
Although I’m tired, I do not regret
Making memories I’ll never forget.

14 days away from home,
I never want to leave!